Recreational opportunities abound in Westshore, so we don't mind emphasizing it whenever possible. Westshore is perfect for anything you like to do outside in moderate weather, from being a spectator at professional and collegiate sports events to enjoying a round of golf or a day at the beach.
Here is a sampling of the recreational options in Westshore:
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers play home games at Raymond James Stadium
- George M. Steinbrenner Field is home to New York Yankees Spring Training and to their minor league affiliate Tampa Yankees
- Super Bowl XVIII was held at Raymond James Stadium on February 1, 2009
Parks, Trails & Community Centers:
- Courtney Campbell Trail is a beautiful new waterfront recreational trail along the Courtney Campbell Causeway
- Cypress Point Park features a beautiful beach, a canoe launch, paved trails and picnic areas
- Ben T. Davis Beach has a public boat ramp, picnic areas with grills and concessions.
- Al Lopez Park has the area's only dog park, trails, playground, a community center and many picnic areas
- Loretta Ingraham Center features a full gym, workout facilities, swimming pool, computer lab and more
- North Hubert Art Studio offers art classes to students of all ages
Golf & Tennis facilities:
- Rocky Point Golf Course is a public, 18 hole golf course located adjacent to the Westshore district
- The Tennis Complex at Hillsborough Community College features 41 clay and hard courts
- AMC West Shore 14 at WestShore Plaza (I-275 & West Shore Blvd.)