What is Westshore?
Westshore is the premier business location and the center of activity in the Tampa Bay region and Florida's west coast. Located within the city limits of Tampa, the Westshore district is Florida's largest office community. It is also home to numerous first class hotels, abundant meeting space, upcscale shopping, entertainment, and nearby residential areas. Westshore is at the geographic center of the fast growing Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater market, making the resources of the entire market easily accessible. Tampa International Airport, rated one of the nation's best, is located right in Westshore.
Size and Location:
Located on the western edge of the City of Tampa, the Westshore district is approximately 10 square miles bounded by Kennedy Boulevard to the South, Himes Avenue to the East, Hillsborough Avenue to the North and Old Tampa Bay, including Rocky Point to the West.
Key Market Statistics:
Westshore is the largest commercial market in the Tampa Bay region. Check out some of these facts and figures:
|Commercial Office Space||12.75 million square feet|
|Number of Businesses||4,000|
|Number of Hotels||38|
|Number of Hotel Rooms||7,781|
|Retail Development||6 million square feet|
|Number of Restaurants||250+|
|AAA Auto Club Group||Gerdau Ameristeel||Progressive Insurance|
|Amerigroup||Hillsborough Community College||State Farm Insurance|
|Amscot Financial||Humana||T. Rowe Price|
|Bloomin' Brands||IBM||Tampa International Airport|
|Carlton Fields, P.A.||LabCorp||Time Warner|
|Checkers Drive-In Restaurants||New York Life Insurance||URS Corporation|
|Florida Blue||PriceWaterhouse Coopers||US Postal Service|
Westshore Amenities and Advantages:
- 30 minute drive to 75% of Tampa Bay area residential neighborhoods
- Top-rated Tampa International Airport is located within 5 to 7 minutes from any Westshore Business District location
- Upscale shopping including 2 regional malls WestShore Plaza and International Plaza & Bay Street
- Westshore is the center of the region's hospitalilty industry with nearly 40 hotels and more than 250 restaurants
- Superior transportation infrastructure - 3 major highways pass through Westshore and there are two HART public transit centers in Westshore
- 10 minute drive to downtown Tampa's Convention Center
- Full service 24 hour post office located at Tampa International Airport
- Panoramic water views
Who is the Westshore Alliance?
The Westshore Alliance is a 501(c)(6) not for profit business based membership organization that is recognized as the voice of Tampa's Westshore district. With nearly 350 member businesses and scores of volunteers, the Alliance's mission is to maintain and improve the quality of life for the nearly 94,000 employees who call Westshore their working home. The Alliance has made significant progress in the areas of transportation, beautification, crime prevention, education and marketing of the area.